Finally got around to completing my Hulkbuster. Design is a bit poor as the ankle joints lack stability hence if unbalanced slightly, it tilts forward or backwards a little, not enough to topple it, but enough to notice.
This is the final batch of bottles I will purchase and stop posting about (I realised I've done this one a lot). The paint in the three hex shaped bottles seemed to have survived almost perfectly, pouring effortlessly into the new dropper bottles. Either they are newer purchases or they are better made as the tops didn't explode on prying them open. I wonder if I ever previously tried mixing paint considering all the different shades I seem to own. Although even now I avoid mixing paint in case I can't reproduce the same mixture for future models that require it. So now my original box of old paints are now half full of empty bottles and I have much more bottles on my shelf above my work-area. I've kept the newer empty bottles as the top would make nice Tau scenery if I ever make any.
After making six Tau Broadside bodies, I decided to abandon three of these to concentrate on three at a time. Pressing the tweezer into the plastic to press out the indent at the knees was difficult and tiring. After the first set, I was so tempted to stop, but pressed on and managed to finish them without stopping. Luckily I already gave up on the other three, otherwise I would have had a hard time doing this was six set of legs. Fortunately I had made all the weapons previously, otherwise these would take even longer. So these are now ready to paint along with my Warsmith, I just hope I can get into painting again.
As I got another batch of 10x 10ml bottles, it was time for another run of saving and transferring my paints. The Bilious Green looked good until after the first layer poured away and everything beneath was almost solid, but the paint thinner did it's job superbly and I ended up with a full bottle. The Tausept Orche needed saving too and filled the 5ml bottle so I didn't bother scraping the last drop. The Mithril Silver was solid and not worth it and the Ultramarine Blue was salvageable, but I had so many blue it wasn't worth it. I had filled a 5ml previously with the Blood Orange and I filled a further 10ml bottle too. I just need to plan ahead as I keep buying small batches of these bottles and waiting four weeks for them to deliver.
I opted for the hammer instead of the cannon. The first attempt to join the hand to the arm failed and I wasn't satisfied with the look and proportion. Luckily I could easily cut the hand with a pair of scissors and trimmed the edge to re-work it. All that remains is deciding what to do with the base, whether to use the existing mock up or slice it off and mount the Warsmith on a different base. I'll probably finish off the Tau Battlesuits before deciding whether to convert the existing Chaos Terminators to utilise the cannon or model four others to make a HQ squad.
So for comparison, I'm still a bit undecided. The one holding the big gun needs a bit of adjustment to the angle of the arm while holding the gun, but for a Warsmith, the one holding a big hammer fits the role better.
Click here for Category definition